Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Beginning

So, here I am at the beginning of a new blog. Not that I'm an accomplished blogger or somesuch, but I did have the LiveJournal that was practically obligatory for internet kids around my age.

I'm not so conceited as to think anyone will actually read this, but in case you were wondering, I'm Damon. Hi. I'm a recent graduate of the Business school at Curtin University, based in Perth, Western Australia, and an avid gamer. If I manage to maintain the steam required to keep this thing updated, I'll be mostly dwelling on business and video game topics. I might toss the occasional opinion piece in, but frankly there are already so many ill-informed mouth-breathers contaminating the web with their unsolicited statements, it's a little cliché.

I'm fascinated by systems of all kind, whether it be computer operations, programs, techniques or just general patterns, in all facets of life. When I engage with a system, I want to learn about it. I want to understand it, from the inside and out, as a consumer and an operator. I want to test it, to push its limits, to 'beat the system'. The ultimate drive for this is a sense of personal accomplishment, but popular side products include fault-finding and boosts in efficiency.

I see video games as a burgeoning form of media, with potential for a whole new level of immersion and synergy when it comes to plot development and new experiences, whether as individuals or in a group.

I'm currently working on a few basic projects revolving around new content for some of the games I enjoy, with grand ideas behind them. As they slowly come to fruition, I'll be updating and sharing them here. At the moment the bulk of the concepts are based around Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and Fallout 3. I'm pretty much teaching myself through trial and error at this point, so low volume and moderate quality will be the order of the day until I've developed some more experience.

Shortly I should have a portfolio/résumé post up, where I'll be listing my info, and hopefully I'll be able to craft the site into something that doesn't so obviously resemble a 5-minute template soon after.

So thanks for coming this far, and I hope you find something you like here :)


Cheers,
nineteen

No comments:

Post a Comment